Posts for: December, 2020
Tooth loss doesn’t have to have the final say when it comes to the appearance and health of your smile.
Now that you are dealing with tooth loss you want to find a way to replace your missing tooth (or teeth) that fits your unique needs and goals. Many adults are turning to dental implants to rebuild their smiles after tooth loss. From the office of our Findlay, OH, dentist Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, here are some of the top benefits of getting dental implants,
- This artificial tooth looks and even functions just like a real tooth, so you never have to worry about your false tooth standing out from the rest of your natural smile
- Implants replace tooth roots and provide the jawbone with the stimulation it needs, which in turn prevents bone deterioration related to untreated tooth loss
- Implants fill gaps in your smile and prevent teeth from shifting into these gaps
- Implants fully restore chewing and speaking, which ensures that you can eat more of the foods you love, get the proper diet and nutrients you need and also reduce the risk for digestive upset
- Enjoy a major boost to your appearance and confidence when you have a full smile again
- This restoration will also preserve your face’s natural structure by preventing jawbone deterioration and also providing support for the facial muscles to prevent premature wrinkles and sagging
- This restoration is incredibly reliable, boasting a success rate of up to 98 percent
- The implant itself is made from titanium, which is incredibly durable, resilient, and even biocompatible
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Reading about the benefits of dental implants may have you wishing to sit down with our Findlay, OH, family dentist to see if implants are right for you. The good news is that most healthy adults who maintain good oral hygiene are good candidates for implants, regardless of whether they are missing one, two, or several of their teeth.
Do you have questions for our Findlay, OH, general dentist about your tooth replacement options? Want to find out if you’re an ideal candidate for implants? If so, call our office today at (419) 427-1500 to schedule a consultation.