Posts for: October, 2018
Do you want to ask your Bellevue, WA, dentist about discreetly straightening your teeth?
Invisalign, unlike traditional braces, is discreet. Invisalign consists of clear, plastic aligners. If a patient has minor tooth imperfection, like slightly crooked teeth, small gaps, or improperly positioned teeth, Invisalign is a great option.
Invisalign works by applying forces to each tooth to place them in their proper position. The clear, flexible plastic is custom-designed using a specialized software. It is convenient for adults and older teens who have job interviews, weddings, or prom to attend.
The treatment may take approximately one year, depending on your condition, and consists of trays that fit your upper and bottom teeth. Trays should be worn for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day and can be removed if you have an event, but that's unnecessary since they're invisible.
In order to take proper care of your clear aligners, you need to clean them out daily. Rinse them with lukewarm water and use a brush to remove food debris. Also, brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once before bed. Additionally, you need to visit your dentist periodically during and after your treatment.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign allows you to have more dietary choices. Simply biting into an apple can ruin traditional wires, but you don't need to worry about that when it comes to clear aligners.
- Aligners are comfortable because the thin, flexible material of Invisalign doesn't irritate soft tissues in the mouth, unlike metal wires of braces.
- There's definitely an improved oral hygiene since Invisalign is removable. This means you can brush and floss your teeth with ease, as well as clean out the trays.
- If you have a teeth-grinding problem, clear aligners can act as a nightguard.
If you have any questions or need more information about Invisalign, call (425) 378-1600 today for your Bellevue, WA, dentists, Dr. Man Sunwoo and Dr. Alan Ho at Bellevue Dental Excellence.
Find out How This Clear Orthodontic Treatment Easily Fits into Your Lifestyle.
As an adult, the last thing you want to do is completely change up your daily routine to accommodate your braces. In fact, worry over lifestyle change is one of the leading reasons people are hesitant to get braces later in life. However, our Findlay, OH, dentist, Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, can use Invisalign to get you the orthodontic results you want while fitting treatment perfectly into your current schedule.
What is Invisalign?
Instead of using conventional braces, which utilize brackets and wires, Invisalign offers a clear alternative. Using a set of transparent aligners that look similar to whitening trays, Invisalign is custom-made to fit closely to your teeth and provide the proper amount of gradual pressure and force to shift teeth into their ideal alignment.
Our Findlay, OH, cosmetic dentist will map out your treatment plan during your consultation phase, which will determine which teeth need to move and exactly how much they will move with each aligner.
How does Invisalign differ from other types of braces?
There are many benefits to getting Invisalign over other types of braces, some of which include:
- We know you already have your routine in place, so the last thing you want to do is to have to alter your day-to-day life to accommodate your new braces. Invisalign is different. Since each aligner is removable, this means that you don’t have to worry about nixing tons of food from your diet or spending more time brushing and flossing around metal wires and brackets. Simply remove your aligners and enjoy your favorite foods and drinks without worry.
- Not only will you enjoy the convenience and comfort of being able to remove your aligners before mealtimes and during your oral care routine, you’ll also enjoy that aligners aren’t made from metal but rather a medical-grade thermoplastic. Each aligner is customized to fit over your teeth so that they feel comfortable and are less likely to cause irritation to the gum tissue.
- We know that getting braces later in life wasn’t exactly the plan you had in mind, but if you want a straighter and healthier smile, then braces might just be the only way to achieve this. Luckily, these clear aligners make your treatment far more discreet than other orthodontic options. In fact, it will look like you aren’t even wearing braces at all.
Getting a straighter smile on your own terms has never been simpler than with Invisalign. If you are an adult who wants to fix a crooked smile and is interested in getting Invisalign, now is the perfect time to contact our Findlay office to schedule your no-risk consultation. Call (419) 427-1500 today!