Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Have you ever considered replacing your missing teeth with dental implants? Implants, offered by Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, your dentist in Findlay, OH, not only improve your appearance but provide many other benefits.
4 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants allow your dentist to create a new tooth for you that feels just like the one you lost. Dental implant benefits include:
- Brand New Roots: Dental implants are the only restoration method that replaces missing tooth roots. Roots anchor teeth and provide the biting power you need to rip apart a piece of chicken or chew a sticky treat. During minor oral surgery in Findlay, OH, a small titanium post is placed in your jawbone. It takes about three to six months for the area to heal and the replacement root to become firmly attached to your jawbone.
- Natural-Looking Replacement Teeth: Dental implants are connected to dental crowns, which are restorations that replace the top parts of teeth. Your dentist uses an impression of your mouth to ensure that the crowns fit the gap in your smile perfectly. People won't be able to tell that your new crown is a restoration because it looks just like a real tooth.
- Lower Long-Term Costs: Bridges and dentures usually need to be replaced about every 10 to 15 years, depending on wear and tear. If you care for dental implants properly, you'll probably never need to replace them. When you consider the lifetime replacement costs of the various tooth replacement options, you'll probably discover that dental implants are actually the least expensive choice. Don't forget to factor new crowns into your calculations. Although implants never need to be replaced, you will need new crowns periodically.
- A Strong Jawbone: Your tooth roots constantly press on your jawbone, providing the stimulation it needs to remain strong. After you lose teeth, the bone may shrink due to decreased stimulation. If this happens, the muscles in the lower part of your face may start to sag, and some of your teeth may become loose. Replacing your lost teeth with dental implants can help you avoid these problems.
Most people only replace one tooth with implants, but they can be used to replace multiple teeth. Implant-supported bridges and dentures offer excellent comfort and biting power. They can be attached with just a few dental implants.
Enhance your smile with dental implants! Call your Findlay, OH, dentist, Dr. Touhalisky, at (419) 427-1500 to schedule your appointment.
Invisalign aligners are a great way to straighten your teeth if you want a less visible option than traditional braces. Dr. Joseph E. Touhalisky is a dentist in Findlay, OH. he can provide you with Invisalign aligners to straighten your smile discreetly. Here are some frequently asked questions about this popular treatment:
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is a treatment for misaligned teeth that uses a series of discreet, removable aligners to straighten your teeth gradually and without discomfort. Unlike traditional braces, they do not require wires and brackets.
When you visit your Findlay dentist, Dr. Touhalisky will draw up a treatment plan specifically for your needs. By mapping out the spacing of your teeth and the movements necessary to align them, Dr. Touhalisky can create a series of aligners that will realign your teeth gently over time.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Treatment?
- Discreet alignment: Because Invisalign aligners are made from clear, patented SmartTrack material, they are practically invisible. This means that people will not notice you’re wearing them.
- Completely removable: You can remove them whenever you are eating or drinking so you won’t get trapped food particles. You can also take them out when you brush and floss your teeth, which makes your oral hygiene routine easier.
- Real comfort: Invisalign aligners are flexible and fit your teeth snugly, so they are much more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Eat what you want: Because you take Invisalign aligners out when you eat, you don’t have the dietary restrictions that are necessary with traditional aligners.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
People of all ages are candidates for Invisalign. This type of alignment treatment is popular among adults who prefer a more discreet solution for teeth misalignment.
How Long Will I Need to Wear my Aligners?
This will depend on the alignment of your teeth at the outset. Invisalign treatment can take between 8 and 18 months.
If you live in Findlay and you want to talk to a dentist about Invisalign, call Dr. Touhalisky on 419-427-1500.
How dental implants from your dentist in Findlay, OH, can rebuild your smile
If you have been living with missing teeth, your smile is missing too. In fact, there is a lot that can be missing when you lose teeth. When your smile is gone, your self-esteem and self-confidence can go with it. You may be having trouble chewing your food, which can impact your digestion and your overall health. Fortunately, here in Findlay, OH, Dr. Joseph E. Touhalisky offers dental implants to rebuild your smile in a permanent fashion, complete with restored functionality.
What dental implants can do for you
In the past, your only choices to replace missing teeth were dental appliances like dentures, partials, and dental bridgework. Now you have another choice, dental implants! These are just a few of the unique benefits of dental implant treatment:
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth because the dental implant crown is made of materials that are light-reflective and look just like natural tooth enamel.
- Dental implants are completely stable because they are surrounded and embedded in bone, so they will never move around, even with the most vigorous chewing.
- Dental implants are easy to take care of because you simply brush and floss them just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants help you conserve bone, which means you will have a firmer jawline and more youthful facial contours.
Dental implants are also the most successful surgical implant. They boast a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. They are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that your bone fuses with. Your body won’t reject dental implants.
Thanks to dental implants, you can replace a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or even an entire arch of missing teeth. They provide a stable framework for a denture, which is snapped in place over the dental implants. This type of denture is known as an implant-supported denture, or overdenture.
Interested? Give us a call
Don’t settle for a life without your smile. Discover the unique benefits of dental implant treatment! To learn more, call Dr. Joseph E. Touhalisky in Findlay, OH, today by dialing (419) 427-1500.
Do you have missing teeth or broken teeth in your mouth? Are you currently wearing dentures? Have you wished for a more complete smile? If these things ring a bell for you, get help now with dental implants from Dr. Joseph Touhalisky in Findlay, OH.
If you are unsure about dental implants, here are some frequently asked questions to get you started:
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium abutments that are designed to fit inside your gums in order to effectively replace your missing tooth roots. The implants are attached to the jawbone to create a foundation for artificial teeth. Crowns are then connected to the implants, creating an artificial tooth that is unmatched in both realistic look and feel.
How do dental implants work?
The process for receiving dental implants requires surgery and a relatively lengthy healing period (6 months to a year), during which time the abutment literally fuses with the jawbone in a process called osseointegration. The entire process is as follows:
- The first appointment may involve broken tooth removal and preparation for future implant placement.
- The next appointments include the actual dental implant placement, a procedure that is performed under local anesthetic in order to ensure as much comfort as possible.
- After osseointegration has occured, the crown is placed atop of the abutment—a step that completes your new tooth!
How do you care for dental implants?
After dental implants have been placed, the care for your teeth is just as vital as it is for natural teeth. It is important to stick to very strict oral hygiene practices of brushing at least twice a day and flossing once every day.
Interested? Give us a call!
Dr. Touhalisky is your Findlay expert for dental implants. Call (419) 427-1500 today to schedule your consultation with Joseph Touhalisky, DDS.
Find out the advantages of getting a dental crown to restore your smile.
A dental crown is a very versatile and commonly used restoration, so chances are good that you may wonder whether this restorative tooth-shaped cap could actually improve the health and longevity of a damaged tooth. From the office of our Findlay, OH, dentist Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, here’s what a dental crown can do for your smile.
The Purpose of a Dental Crown
Crowns offer both restorative and cosmetic benefits. Of course, more often than not our Findlay dentist may recommend a dental crown to preserve a tooth’s natural structure after it’s been damaged or weakened by decay, trauma or infection. Since the crown fully encapsulates the visible portion of a tooth, it can protect it from further damage, all the while strengthening the tooth so that you can chew, bite or speak without issue.
A dental crown is most often placed over a tooth that has,
- A crack or fracture
- Severe and extensive decay (when a dental filling isn’t enough to support the damaged tooth)
- Been significantly worn down
- Just undergone root canal therapy
A dental crown can also be placed over a dental implant to replace a missing tooth or be placed over healthy teeth to support a dental bridge. Along with preserving a natural tooth a crown can also improve the shape, size and overall appearance of a tooth, hiding issues such as severe discolorations or misshapenness.
The Benefits of a Dental Crown
A dental crown is a great solution for anyone who needs to preserve, support and protect a tooth that is weak or damaged. Dental crowns are also made from resilient, long-lasting material, which means that with the proper care you could end up having a dental crown for many years.
Whether you are dealing with dental damage that needs to be repaired right away or you have questions about getting a dental crown, don’t hesitate to call our Findlay, OH, dental office today to learn more.
Crowns are also often made from porcelain or ceramic, which ensures that your restoration looks just like the rest of your smile. Your crown will blend right in and look just like a real tooth.