Are you looking for a way to improve your teeth after getting them cracked or chipped? If so, you might be interested in porcelain veneers in Findlay, OH. This can be a treatment option for you if you want to smooth your smile without having to worry about undergoing a surgical procedure. You need to work with a professional who has experience in this area, which is where Dr. Joseph Touhalisky can help you. Learn more about the benefits of veneers below!
What Are Veneers?
If you are looking for porcelain veneers in Findlay, OH, you are probably looking for a way to correct your smile. Veneers are small shells that go on the surfaces of your teeth. The dentist will talk with you about your expectations to make sure this is the right option for you. Then, he or she will prepare your teeth to receive the veneers. After this, the veneers will stick to the surfaces of your teeth, making them look as good as new. The veneers can also be customized to match the needs of your teeth. That way, people will not be able to tell the difference between the veneers and the natural teeth.
Why Choose Veneers?
Veneers can help you in a variety of situations. If you have a tooth that is chipped or cracked, then veneers can help you. If you have teeth that are stained or discolored, the veneers can help you as well.
Veneers are also not invasive. You might be looking for something that can help you fix your teeth without requiring surgery. Veneers fit in this category. The procedure is short and quick, so talk to a local dentist about getting veneers put in place to help your smile.
Contact a Local Dentist for Help with Veneers
If you want to improve the quality of your smile, then porcelain veneers in Findlay, OH, are the way to go. This is a convenient option that can help you fix teeth that might be chipped or cracked. They can also help you fix teeth that are stained or discolored. If you want to fix your teeth, then you need to work with a dentist who has experience in this area. Dr. Touhalisky can help you, so call (419) 427-1500 today to make an appointment.
If you are considering a Fluoride treatment to help protect your teeth, Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, your family dentist in Findlay, OH, can give you quality dental care utilizing up-to-date techniques, materials, and technology.
What is fluoride and how does it relate to dental health?
Every tooth has an outer protective layer called enamel. Over time, acids that wear away the enamel cause tooth erosion. Fluoride is a natural mineral that supports tooth enamel and fights common bacteria that can damage teeth and gums. Fluoride is a very important treatment that can help build strong teeth and prevent tooth decay.
Bacterial accumulation in the teeth and gums causes plaque. Plaque in turn causes the acid that attacks the teeth and leads to tooth decay. Plaque is also responsible for breaking down the enamel and leading to infection, which can damage the nerves inside the teeth. Fluoride treatment is an excellent preventative against this. Fluoride treatments are a way to fight tooth decay and keep a beautiful smile. Fluoride is found in food, water, and supplements. Fluoride treatments can assist with preventing the loss of enamel and ensuring good dental health.
Fluoride can prevent tooth decay and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria by providing minerals to the surface of the teeth. Fluoride treatments are beneficial for both adults and children. The earlier children start fluoride treatments, the better because these treatments can help children fight tooth decay.
What to expect during a fluoride treatment
Your family dentist in Findlay, OH, provides fluoride treatments in various forms, including a highly concentrated rinse, a varnish, a foam, or a gel. The application of the treatment depends on the type of fluoride treatment and usually varies between a tray, swab, or mouth rinse. Professional fluoride treatments contain much higher amounts of fluoride than those otherwise found in your toothpaste.
The application takes only a short time, and it takes at least 30 minutes for the fluoride to be fully absorbed. You should not eat or drink immediately after the treatment.
Your Findlay, OH, family dentist, Dr. Touhalisky, offers patients general and aesthetic dentistry. Call (419) 427-1500 for a comprehensive dental assessment and to plan your fluoride treatment for extra dental protection.
If you are concerned that your child may need braces due to crooked or gapped teeth, there are some things you need to know regarding where and when to go for checkups at the dentist. As a family dentist in Findlay, OH, Dr. Joseph Touhalisky is a great resource for questions about braces and more, including what to expect and the frequency of checkups needed for braces. If it is determined that your child needs braces, Dr. Touhalisky can also help with the placement and maintenance of braces to improve your child's smile and overall oral health.
The First Checkup For Braces
Most dentists prefer to wait until a child is at least seven years old before considering braces, as this is typically the time that some permanent teeth have grown in and therefore they are better able to determine if there is a problem requiring braces. If you notice a problem with your child's teeth or smile before the age of seven, it may still be wise to contact your family dentist in Findlay, OH, to determine if any immediate steps need to be taken. If it is determined that your child will need braces, you should discuss options for types of braces, wear time, and cost with your dentist, as some of these may vary.
Following the placement of braces, your dentist will give you a specific schedule for checkups to make sure they are working properly and any necessary adjustments can be made. If your child has traditional wire braces, these checkups can be anywhere from every four to every seven weeks. With non-traditional braces, such as clear braces or aligners, these checkups may be much less often. With fewer visits needed, these options may be more convenient and cost-effective for some people. Therefore, is important to talk to your family dentist in Findlay, OH, to determine which options for braces may be best for you.
Find The Right Dentist Today
If you are looking for a family dentist in Findlay, OH, consider reaching out to the office of Dr. Touhalisky. For questions about children's checkups for braces or to make an appointment today, please give us a call at (419) 427-1500.
Have you ever considered replacing your missing teeth with dental implants? Implants, offered by Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, your dentist in Findlay, OH, not only improve your appearance but provide many other benefits.
4 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants allow your dentist to create a new tooth for you that feels just like the one you lost. Dental implant benefits include:
- Brand New Roots: Dental implants are the only restoration method that replaces missing tooth roots. Roots anchor teeth and provide the biting power you need to rip apart a piece of chicken or chew a sticky treat. During minor oral surgery in Findlay, OH, a small titanium post is placed in your jawbone. It takes about three to six months for the area to heal and the replacement root to become firmly attached to your jawbone.
- Natural-Looking Replacement Teeth: Dental implants are connected to dental crowns, which are restorations that replace the top parts of teeth. Your dentist uses an impression of your mouth to ensure that the crowns fit the gap in your smile perfectly. People won't be able to tell that your new crown is a restoration because it looks just like a real tooth.
- Lower Long-Term Costs: Bridges and dentures usually need to be replaced about every 10 to 15 years, depending on wear and tear. If you care for dental implants properly, you'll probably never need to replace them. When you consider the lifetime replacement costs of the various tooth replacement options, you'll probably discover that dental implants are actually the least expensive choice. Don't forget to factor new crowns into your calculations. Although implants never need to be replaced, you will need new crowns periodically.
- A Strong Jawbone: Your tooth roots constantly press on your jawbone, providing the stimulation it needs to remain strong. After you lose teeth, the bone may shrink due to decreased stimulation. If this happens, the muscles in the lower part of your face may start to sag, and some of your teeth may become loose. Replacing your lost teeth with dental implants can help you avoid these problems.
Most people only replace one tooth with implants, but they can be used to replace multiple teeth. Implant-supported bridges and dentures offer excellent comfort and biting power. They can be attached with just a few dental implants.
Enhance your smile with dental implants! Call your Findlay, OH, dentist, Dr. Touhalisky, at (419) 427-1500 to schedule your appointment.
How Invisalign orthodontic treatment from your dentist in Findlay, OH, can give you an outstanding smile.
A straight smile is a great smile, and Invisalign can make it happen! Invisalign is the most discreet way to achieve a straight smile because Invisalign appliances are virtually invisible to people around you. That means no one will notice you are wearing them. All your friends will notice is your smile.
Dr. Joseph Touhalisky in Findlay, OH, offers a full range of dental services, including Invisalign orthodontic treatment to give you an outstanding smile.
Invisalign works differently than conventional orthodontic treatment because it doesn’t use brackets and wires. Instead, Invisalign uses custom appliances, known as aligners. These aligners are revolutionary and offer some amazing benefits like :
- A discreet look, because the aligners are made of clear plastic, making them virtually invisible to people around you
- Enhanced comfort, because the aligners are smooth plastic, without any sharp parts to injure your soft tissue
- Outstanding convenience, because you can remove the aligners to eat and enjoy the foods you love
- Great oral health, because when you remove the aligners, you can brush and floss comfortably, without having to use special tools
- Invisalign orthodontic treatment is fast too. In fact, the average completion time for Invisalign is 9 to 15 months
Invisalign aligners are also strong enough to correct many of the same issues as conventional brackets and wires. Invisalign is a great choice if you have:
- An overbite or underbite
- A crossbite or open bite
- Rotated, crowded teeth
- Overlapped teeth
- Gaps or uneven spacing between your teeth
You will receive your first set of Invisalign aligners, which you wear for 2 weeks. You move on to a new set of aligners every 2 weeks as you discreetly and comfortably work toward a beautiful, straight smile.
To find out more about how you can straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign, call Dr. Touhalisky in Findlay, OH, at (419) 427-1500 now!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.