Do you want to ask your Bellevue, WA, dentist about discreetly straightening your teeth?
Invisalign, unlike traditional braces, is discreet. Invisalign consists of clear, plastic aligners. If a patient has minor tooth imperfection, like slightly crooked teeth, small gaps, or improperly positioned teeth, Invisalign is a great option.
Invisalign works by applying forces to each tooth to place them in their proper position. The clear, flexible plastic is custom-designed using a specialized software. It is convenient for adults and older teens who have job interviews, weddings, or prom to attend.
The treatment may take approximately one year, depending on your condition, and consists of trays that fit your upper and bottom teeth. Trays should be worn for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day and can be removed if you have an event, but that's unnecessary since they're invisible.
In order to take proper care of your clear aligners, you need to clean them out daily. Rinse them with lukewarm water and use a brush to remove food debris. Also, brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once before bed. Additionally, you need to visit your dentist periodically during and after your treatment.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign allows you to have more dietary choices. Simply biting into an apple can ruin traditional wires, but you don't need to worry about that when it comes to clear aligners.
- Aligners are comfortable because the thin, flexible material of Invisalign doesn't irritate soft tissues in the mouth, unlike metal wires of braces.
- There's definitely an improved oral hygiene since Invisalign is removable. This means you can brush and floss your teeth with ease, as well as clean out the trays.
- If you have a teeth-grinding problem, clear aligners can act as a nightguard.
If you have any questions or need more information about Invisalign, call (425) 378-1600 today for your Bellevue, WA, dentists, Dr. Man Sunwoo and Dr. Alan Ho at Bellevue Dental Excellence.
Find out How This Clear Orthodontic Treatment Easily Fits into Your Lifestyle.
As an adult, the last thing you want to do is completely change up your daily routine to accommodate your braces. In fact, worry over lifestyle change is one of the leading reasons people are hesitant to get braces later in life. However, our Findlay, OH, dentist, Dr. Joseph Touhalisky, can use Invisalign to get you the orthodontic results you want while fitting treatment perfectly into your current schedule.
What is Invisalign?
Instead of using conventional braces, which utilize brackets and wires, Invisalign offers a clear alternative. Using a set of transparent aligners that look similar to whitening trays, Invisalign is custom-made to fit closely to your teeth and provide the proper amount of gradual pressure and force to shift teeth into their ideal alignment.
Our Findlay, OH, cosmetic dentist will map out your treatment plan during your consultation phase, which will determine which teeth need to move and exactly how much they will move with each aligner.
How does Invisalign differ from other types of braces?
There are many benefits to getting Invisalign over other types of braces, some of which include:
- We know you already have your routine in place, so the last thing you want to do is to have to alter your day-to-day life to accommodate your new braces. Invisalign is different. Since each aligner is removable, this means that you don’t have to worry about nixing tons of food from your diet or spending more time brushing and flossing around metal wires and brackets. Simply remove your aligners and enjoy your favorite foods and drinks without worry.
- Not only will you enjoy the convenience and comfort of being able to remove your aligners before mealtimes and during your oral care routine, you’ll also enjoy that aligners aren’t made from metal but rather a medical-grade thermoplastic. Each aligner is customized to fit over your teeth so that they feel comfortable and are less likely to cause irritation to the gum tissue.
- We know that getting braces later in life wasn’t exactly the plan you had in mind, but if you want a straighter and healthier smile, then braces might just be the only way to achieve this. Luckily, these clear aligners make your treatment far more discreet than other orthodontic options. In fact, it will look like you aren’t even wearing braces at all.
Getting a straighter smile on your own terms has never been simpler than with Invisalign. If you are an adult who wants to fix a crooked smile and is interested in getting Invisalign, now is the perfect time to contact our Findlay office to schedule your no-risk consultation. Call (419) 427-1500 today!
For your best smile, do all you can to preserve your natural teeth and healthy gums. However, if tooth loss occurs, consider closing those smile gaps with today's premiere tooth replacements: dental implants from Dr. Joseph Touhalisky in Findlay, OH. Embedded in the jaw bone for superior stability and longevity, dental implants are the next best things to natural teeth.
Your tooth structure
A natural tooth has two basic parts: the root within the gums and jaw bone, and the crown, or part which you can see in your mouth. When lost to decay, infection, oral trauma or other irrevocable circumstance, the natural gum tissue and supporting bone in the empty tooth socket begin to deteriorate.
While conventional bridgework or dentures successfully replace tooth structure above the gum line, they do nothing to replace root structure or bone. Denture slippage and facial changes typically occur.
Enter the dental implant
A dental implant is an actual artificial tooth because it replaces both tooth root and crown, and it exercises the supporting jaw bone. Composed of three parts (a titanium implant screw, a metal alloy extension and a porcelain crown), an implant confers the physical forces of biting and chewing into the bone in which it resides.
Therefore, the bone retains its natural shape, size and density. In fact, the bone melds to the embedded implant device through what dentist's call osseointegration--a truly miraculous process unique to titanium implants. Your dentist will fully evaluate your jaw, oral health and more to determine if dental implants are the right replacement option for you.
The implant evaluation and treatment
During your first appointment with Dr. Touhalisky, he'll do a complete oral examination to determine if you have enough bone in your jaw to support an implant.
During your next appointment, Dr. Touhalisky will numb the empty socket, open the gums and drill a small opening into the bone. He'll select the proper size implant, insert it and close the gums with some sutures. The ensuing osseointegration and healing take several weeks to months, but when complete, the dentist can attach the metal post and customized crown.
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry says that the dental implant grows in popularity every year in the United States--to the tune of 500,000 more placements every year. Why do dentists recommend dental implants? With good care at home and in the dental office, dental implants last for decades, and they faithfully mimic real teeth in form and function.
In addition, dental implants are versatile. Placed in multiples, implants support fixed bridgework, partial dentures and even full dentures, giving patients smiles that feel natural and look great.
No more gaps
Find out if you are a candidate for state-of-the-art dental implants from your dentist in Findlay, Dr. Joseph Touhalisky. For your consultation, call the office at (419) 427-1500.
Many patients are discovering the benefits of porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the teeth to enhance your smile. One of the advantages of veneers is the fact that they can fix many dental issues at the same time. Dentist Dr. Joseph Touhalisky in Findlay, OH offers porcelain veneers to his patients. Here are five impressive benefits of veneers.
1. Fix Dental Problems
Veneers can give you the Hollywood smile you've always wanted. These ultra-thin porcelain shells are used to fix teeth that are crooked, worn-down, cracked, and misaligned. These shells fit over the teeth, changing their size, shape, and length.
2. Strengthen Teeth
Veneers can strengthen and protect teeth that are chipped, cracked, or worn-down. This is possible due to the medical-grade, ceramic material that composes veneers as they cover the teeth. Veneers are incredibly strong and durable.
3. Whiten Your Smile
Feeling self-conscious of your smile can hold you back and keep you from doing the things you love most. Veneers will help you leave behind the discomfort and embarrassment of stained teeth. Veneers can give you a bright, white smile instantly. They're bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color. Nothing is more rejuvenating than a dazzling, white smile.
4. Look Years Younger
Are your teeth making you look older? It's no secret that your teeth play an important role in defining how old you look. Tooth loss or dental imperfections can make you look old before your time. Veneers can restore your smile and make you look younger instantly. That's why it's such a popular procedure among Hollywood stars.
5. Boost Your Self-Esteem
Veneers can improve your self-esteem and give you the confidence you need to put your best foot forward. When porcelain veneers, you will look better and feel more confident when you smile and speak with others. Consult with our dentist in Findlay, OH Dr. Touhalisky to find out if veneers are right for you.
Want to live your best life? Start with your smile. Call our dental office at 419-427-1500 today to schedule a dental consultation in Findlay, OH. An improved smile can make you feel happier and more relaxed – as well as making a good first impression!
Dental Implants Help Restore Function to Your Bite
Your Findlay Dentist Explains How Implants Work
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures. This eliminates some of the key inconveniences of dentures, including poor fit, gum irritation, and pain.
- Improved Health: Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Durability: Implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures. With implants, you can brush and care for your teeth just as you would your natural teeth.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.